question

variationofsolarusername avatar image
variationofsolarusername asked

Quattro 10000 Overload/Overtemp

I have a Quattro system that I have been monitoring for some time. Since the end of December it has been recording overload and over temp warnings and alarms.

They do not seem to correspond to particularly hot days, and the load has not been excessive when it has tripped.

I have had the client clean the filters on the fans that ventilate the enclosure and make sure there are no obstructions. Since then it has tripped once more on overload. It was at 1840 in the evening so direct sun could not be an issue.

1674022330167.png

1674022376040.png

Ambient temperature was 33C but it had been hotter on other days with higher loads with no issue.

Is there any temperature sensor values accessible in monitoring?

Any advice to diagnose further or repair?

Thankyou!

quattro 10kva
1674022330167.png (46.1 KiB)
1674022376040.png (17.9 KiB)
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
nickdb avatar image
nickdb answered ·

Ambient temp is 33C and you're pulling 6kW. The internal temp will be way higher and the inverter will be seriously derating. Seems a temp alarm is appropriate. Best improve ventilation.

1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Alexandra avatar image Alexandra ♦ commented ·

If you have a cerbo add a ruuvi and bt dongle or the temp sensors (make sure it is calibrated right). Just above the inverter, you will be surprised how warm it it is.

We have one in an enclosure indoors that measures easily 39°C ambient on 26°C days at 4kw base loads.

And yes the enclosure is fan ventilated.

0 Likes 0 ·

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic