question

jimu avatar image
jimu asked

BMV-712 not cycling through status items

I just installed a BMV-712 on a 300 Ah LiFePo4 battery in our motorhome. I love the features & flexibility of the unit, especially built-in relay I assigned to battery temperature to control a cooling fan. It could use a parameter to put back in ANY SOC after briefly powering down, causing a reboot of 100% SOC. This requires a full charging to get back in sync.

The "Real" problem I"m having, is that this unit is supposed to "cycle between status items", according to section 3.11.1 (page 20) oc the manual. I should be able to hold the "-" button for 3 seconds to initiate this. Has anyone gotten this to work?? I really need this advertized feature, as I can "see" the display, but not comfortably "reach" the display to switch between volts, Amps, SOC, etc. The button works for other functions though. My unit uses SW version 4.00, then 4.01 after firmware upgrade.

Thank you.

BMV Battery Monitor
1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

c4lvin avatar image c4lvin commented ·

i am a new user to Victron and just got my 712. I had to upgrade to 4.01 and bluetooth interface v2.14 with bootloader v.108 and i never went through the manual so didn't know it can scroll or cycle through the item itself. I just held the "minus" button for 3 secs and heard a beep and she started scrolling-cycling. I even removed the bottom 3 items from the Victron Connect app since I don't have any of those. Good luck!

0 Likes 0 ·
1 Answer
Paul B avatar image
Paul B answered ·

log on to it using the Victron connect app and under settings and thgen display setting there is a option to turn scrolling off or on, you can also turn on or off different items to display on that screen

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.