question

leecor avatar image
leecor asked

Storage charge at 70% SOC all of a sudden ?

Recently my system is doing this...
It only "float" charges when surely should be on "bulk" I would assume? And then 15-20min later it switches to "storage" charge despite SOC only being 74%. No changes made to settings which have been working fine for over a year. AGM batteries btw, the only similar issue I had two weeks ago was that one second the system showed SOC as 75% and about 2min later showed 100% !

Any ideas? How to fix, as I am paying tonight for an electric supply specifically to recharge my batteries and its only trickle charging? ☹️

img-1034.jpegimg-1035.jpeg

victron
img-1034.jpeg (9.2 MiB)
img-1035.jpeg (10.1 MiB)
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
klim8skeptic avatar image
klim8skeptic answered ·

Turn off "storage mode" temporarily?

storage-setting.png

storage-setting.png (506.6 KiB)
1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

leecor avatar image leecor commented ·
I have absolutely no idea how, or what software you are showing?

I have virtually no settings in VRM for my multiples?

0 Likes 0 ·
leecor avatar image
leecor answered ·

So I found that my multi was on older firmware so I did the update via VRM, now its even more worrying as its discharging the batteries despite allegedly showing absorption charge?

What is going on with my system? :-(

screenshot-2023-01-14-at-222050.png

1 comment
2 |3000

klim8skeptic avatar image klim8skeptic ♦ commented ·

Im using VE configure available from the software page. Download the VE Configuration tools software.

Seeing as you already have done a multiplus firmware update via VRM, the next thing to look at is how your multi has been programmed. Watch the video in the VRM: Remote VEConfigure guide.

0 Likes 0 ·

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic