question

Alistair Warburton avatar image
Alistair Warburton asked

Cerbo GX Large OS - Node red - HTTPS error

Hi folks,

I have node red running on a Cerbo, which is working just fine in all respects but 1.

When accessing the unit I get an HTTPS error, presumably because of a certificate issue, and have to select advanced>go to site (Unsafe), or simmilar depending on the browser.

I probably just need to download/generate/install a certificate but cant see where to do that!

Since its only ever going to be local I guess HTTP would be a potential option but that seems like a defeetest fix and I dont know it it is possible anyway.

If anyone has any insight I would apriciate a leg up as it were,

Cheers,

Al

cerbo gxNode-RED
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
Stefanie (Victron Energy Staff) avatar image
Stefanie (Victron Energy Staff) answered ·

@Alistair Warburton

HTTP has been replaced by HTTPS. So this is not an option. Since you are accessing Node-Red locally, ignoring the "security warning" is not a problem. When you connect to Node-RED remotely from VRM, it is a secure proxy connection.

1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Alistair Warburton avatar image Alistair Warburton commented ·
Thanks, I didn't 'know' HTTP wasn't an option but thought that was probably the case.

I am not worried about security per se, the problem is my wife complaining that the control page will not load. Given that a certificate is now mandatory I would like to know how to add one though.

0 Likes 0 ·