question

miroslav-hartych avatar image
miroslav-hartych asked

Jamming short bands of KV at the radio .... How do I eliminate Harmonic Interference ?

Hello, I have a question and it may have already been looked into. Maybe even someone will know if it's just a product defect or a possible solution elsewhere. My problem is I'm a radio amateur and now the company has fitted us with a photovoltaic with a victron system. (I'll describe it well, I'm sorry if it doesn't) I've found there's interference on the short wavelengths, all the length of the band and all the bands I don't know. It's a high ton either intermittent or even at different ton heights, like it's a charger but I know it's an MPPT unit. How do we suppress it or avoid this interference altogether? is it harmonious interference or something else? What can I do to keep the MPPT unit from doing this to me after testing? Is it a faulty product? Or do I have to put a filter? Where and what, if it exists? Found so that gradually I switched everything off until the interference stopped when I disconnected the second of the three panel disconnectors so that's why I know that it's only MPPT jendotka left. and always the interference stops when the sun stops shining and thus the batteries charge. Thank you very much

MPPT Controllers
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
florence avatar image
florence answered ·

Mppt chargers do also use so called PWM (Pulse Width Modulation) charging. I don’t know the specifics about this, but Victron is using an extra high PWM frequency. If you enter the words “PWM frequency” in the community search box, you’ll find that you are not the only one having trouble.

In the many answers maybe there is a solution for you.

Good luck!

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.