question

goldriver avatar image
goldriver asked

GPS topics in MQTT

I am looking to build a homeassistant system for my RV and I would need the GPS coordinates for different automation.

I know that the CerboGX have the possibility to be linked to a GPS to provide the GPS coordinates but my problem is I looked in every Topics documentation, DBUS documentation and nowhere I have been able to find what is the MQTT topic that the VictronOS publishes the information.

Would anyone have the infiormation ?

THanks

MQTTgps
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
aliter avatar image
aliter answered ·

VenusOS publishes a number of GPS parameters when a GPS module is connected but the MQTT topics you probably want are

N/{
  {vrm_portal_id}}/gps/0/Position/Longitude
N/{
  {vrm_portal_id}}/gps/0/Position/Latitude

I have my VenusOS MQTT broker bridged to the mosquito broker running in my HA. Standard HA sensors and automations keep track of my location and update my HA location and device tracker accordingly.

If you have the CerboGX already, turn on MQTT over LAN (Plaintext) in the remote console then you can use MQTT Explorer or similar to see all topics published by the CerboGX.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

marqus avatar image
marqus answered ·

Hi,

how would you setup this sensor? can't figure out this one

# gps

- state_topic: "N/my vrm id /gps/0/Position/Latitude"

name: "gps2"

unique_id: "gps2"

device_class: ?

value_template: '{ { value_json.value }}'

unit_of_measurement: "?"

gps

- state_topic: "N/my vrm id /gps/0/Position/Longitude"

name: "gps1"

unique_id: "gps1"

device_class: ?

value_template: '{ { value_json.value }}'

unit_of_measurement: "?"

2 |3000

Related Resources

Victron MQTT readme

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic