question

the-jolly-sailor avatar image
the-jolly-sailor asked

Mppt 100/30 stuck on 3 solid blue lights alll the time

I've got an mppt 100/30 set up to a 150w solar pannel connected to 2 x 6volt Trojan T-125 in series on my boat connect the system and the bulk light comes on for about a 60 seconds then bulk and absorption for about an another 60 seconds then 3 solid blue lights and it never changes from that state and it's charging, any idea's

MPPT Controllers
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
Matthias Lange - DE avatar image
Matthias Lange - DE answered ·

The Victron Toolkit App says:

Power-up

When there is just enough panel power to start-up the charger, all three LEDs light up. This typically happens at dawn or dusk when the sunlight is very weak.

This applies to the rev1 hardware of the MPPT models 100/30, 75/50, 10/50 and 150/35. These models only power themselves from the solar panel(PV input).

Can you measure the PV-voltage? I think the PV-voltage is not high enough. The MPPT needs at least 5V above the battery voltage at PV to start charging and after that at least 2V above the battery voltage to keep charging.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

the-jolly-sailor avatar image
the-jolly-sailor answered ·

Thanks for your reply, i checked the battery voltage and it was 14.6volts, so should i disconnect the pannel and pop a volt meter on it.

3 comments
2 |3000

Matthias Lange - DE avatar image Matthias Lange - DE ♦ commented ·

You can check the PV-voltage when it is connected because you want to measure the voltage under "load" not the open-circuit voltage.

0 Likes 0 ·
the-jolly-sailor avatar image the-jolly-sailor Matthias Lange - DE ♦ commented ·

That's very helpful, i'll do that, if i'm still in trouble can i let you know?

0 Likes 0 ·
Matthias Lange - DE avatar image Matthias Lange - DE ♦ the-jolly-sailor commented ·

No problem.

Feel free to ask I will try my best to help. :)

0 Likes 0 ·