question

klodjo avatar image
klodjo asked

Parameter #70 (start synchronized) not reachable on BMV700

I would like to move parameter #70 to OFF position (display will show --- when I put power ON on 12 v battery after winterization). By default, it is set to ON so synchronization occurs as soon as I put power ON battery. Now showing 100% SOC, not accurate since I dropped SOC to 80% one month ago and cut power. Manually, on my DMV 700 controls, there is only 66 parameters, but owner manual shows 71...

BMV Battery Monitor
3 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Hi,

What is the software version of the BMV700? This can be found under setting #61.

Kind regards,

Thiemo van Engelen

0 Likes 0 ·
klodjo avatar image klodjo Thiemo van Engelen (Victron Energy staff) ♦ commented ·
Version 50.

Thanks Thiemo :)

0 Likes 0 ·
Thiemo van Engelen (Victron Energy staff) avatar image Thiemo van Engelen (Victron Energy staff) ♦ klodjo commented ·

Hi,

This is not the software version. When going to setting #61, you have to press the select button to actually see the version number.

Kind regards,

Thiemo van Engelen

0 Likes 0 ·
2 Answers
klodjo avatar image
klodjo answered ·

Sorry! Version 03.08

Thanks Thiemo

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Thiemo van Engelen (Victron Energy staff) avatar image
Thiemo van Engelen (Victron Energy staff) answered ·

@klodjo

Then it is correct that setting #70 is missing as it was introduced in firmware version 3.09.

Kind regards,

Thiemo van Engelen

3 comments
2 |3000

klodjo avatar image klodjo commented ·
Strange. My owner manual shows this parameter #70 but firmware not up to date& Is there a way to update firmware version? Using bluetooth dongle with app allows firmware update?
0 Likes 0 ·
Thiemo van Engelen (Victron Energy staff) avatar image Thiemo van Engelen (Victron Energy staff) ♦ klodjo commented ·
That is indeed a bit strange. But you can indeed update using a VE.Direct Bluetooth Smart dongle and the VictronConnect app on Android, MacOS and iOS (not windows!!). You can also use a VE.Direct USB cable and VictronConnect on Android, MacOS or Windows.

Kind regards,

Thiemo van Engelen

0 Likes 0 ·
klodjo avatar image klodjo Thiemo van Engelen (Victron Energy staff) ♦ commented ·
Thanks Thiemo for your help!
0 Likes 0 ·