question

BERNARD-HEIN FORRER avatar image
BERNARD-HEIN FORRER asked

MPPT 450:100 DC Voltage Error 201 ERROR

MPPT 450:100 DC Voltage Error 201. As per Mr M Vader - upgrading firmware did not resolve the error. Also - The Victron MPPT firmware database is incomplete - the 450:100 is not specifically mentioned in firmware database. Product appears to be unreliable. Third MPPT 450:100 unservicable....kindly advise

MPPT Controllers
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
nickdb avatar image
nickdb answered ·

The RS has it's own folder in the firmware list, seems pretty obvious:

screenshot-2023-01-02-at-153240.pngThis community is not a support site.

As per the guidelines, if you need support please contact your supplier

https://www.victronenergy.com/support

The RS is a new product line, there have been improvements since originally released and those are best addressed with support.

1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

BERNARD-HEIN FORRER avatar image BERNARD-HEIN FORRER commented ·

Unfortunately the displayed MPPT 450:100....1.10xup also fails - hence did not resolve issue

0 Likes 0 ·
mvader (Victron Energy) avatar image
mvader (Victron Energy) answered ·

Good day @BERNARD-HEIN FORRER ,

If you hadn’t already, please check the instructions here: https://www.victronenergy.com/live/mppt-error-codes#err_201_-_internal_dc_voltage_error

In case at v1.08 or later, and still showing that error, then the unit is faulty and will be replaced under warranty. Please contact your distributor for that.

I’m sorry you’re having several issues with the RS!

With regards to the “product not in database”: I assume that you see that when using the Remote firmware update feature in the VRM Portal. (?). I tried just now on a test system with a 450/100, and there all works well.

Could you post a screenshot of that error? The additional details will help trouble shoot this.

Best regards, Matthijs Vader

1 comment
2 |3000

BERNARD-HEIN FORRER avatar image BERNARD-HEIN FORRER commented ·

Dear Mr Vader - I can give you VRM portal access to the site....

0 Likes 0 ·