question

toniuep avatar image
toniuep asked

I have two questions about the Skylla TG 24/100-G

The simpler question first:

The manual says: " The Skylla-TG charger is equipped with a separate starter-battery connection to charge an extra battery". Do I have to be plugged to an AC source (shore power or generator) or the Skylla can also charge the starter battery from the leisure battery bank?

Second trickier question:

I've seen many people recommend using an EMS to protect their Multiplus/Quattro units from bad shore power, and they also argue that an EMS is better than simply a surge protector. But my Skylla has universal input (90-265 VAC) while the EMS units that I've seen only accept 120V. Does anyone know of an EMS that can work with both 120-220v? If not, how else can I protect my Skylla device from bad shore power in both US and European campgrounds?

Thanks for making it this far, and happy new year!

Skylla
1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

toniuep avatar image toniuep commented ·

Johannes from Victron's Tech Talk was very kind to answer these for me, so here are his answers in case someone else finds them useful:

- Q1 this extra power for the starter output is redirected from the main battery, So when there is enough (voltage) to also feed the starter output it will do so.

- Q2 There is no EMS needed as the unit will switch itself off at low AC voltage. for (extreme) high voltage you could add an EMS but that's typically not done as far as I know.

0 Likes 0 ·
0 Answers

Related Resources

Skylla-IP65 product page (12v, 24v)

Skylla-i product page (24v)

Skylla-TG Charger product page (24v, 48v)

Skylla-TG GMDSS product page (24v)

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic