question

Paul Smith avatar image
Paul Smith asked

DIY DVCC current control

Hi there

Could someone advise me the best way to setup a basic version of the DVCC without Venus? if indeed its possible.

Currently I have a smartsolar mppt, multiplus compact(no aux input), and a smart shunt.

I suddenly realized that there is nothing to stop the maximum charge current of the battery being exceeded if shore power and the solar panels are both connected ( other than reducing the maximum charge currents of each permanently)

Currently I can monitor the overall charge current from the serial output of the smart shunt. If this ever exceeds the maximum charge current for the battery I was thinking of reducing the charge current of the mppt using this (https://community.victronenergy.com/questions/130098/vedirect-hex-python-tool.html).

But, there is a note in the documentation saying:-

WARNING: stored in non-volatile memory. Continuous writing, for example from a control loop, will lead to early failure.

so I'm not sure this is a very good idea.

Ideally of course, I would like there to be a preference for the solar rather than the shore power, but I can't see a way that I can control the charge current from the mulitplus compact.

Any suggestions/pointers whatsoever, would be greatly appreciated.

Kind regards

Paul

charge current limit
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
david-ross avatar image
david-ross answered ·

Shut off the Solar panels while on shore power?

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic