question

ernie avatar image
ernie asked

Victron Quatro clicking and output voltage affected by 2 appliances

In 2020 I started building an offgrid house, first thing I bought was a Victron Quattro 10kva and Bluenova 16kv battery.

Since day one when testing the Quattro it made a click noise like relay opening and closing and it affected the output voltage.

The strange thing is it only does this with my bean to cup coffee machine and a cheap inexpensive hairdryer.

The Quattro was send back with the pink hairdryer. The supplier tested the Quattro and found nothing wrong. They said that it will work normally when complete installation is done.

Forward 2 years and eventually the system is installed. And the same is happening.

At this stage I'm not sure what to do, as in South Africa we do not have direct access to the Victron importer.

Attaching 2 videos

Any help will be appreciated.

MultiPlus Quattro Inverter Charger
1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Alexandra avatar image Alexandra ♦ commented ·
@Ernie

If you look through the forum you will see this is a common issue with some types of heat and dimmer control circuits in some appliances like microwaves as well. (Hair straighteners....)

There will be nothing wrong with the Victron its just the way the devices you are using control circuit chops the sine wave. The effects are less noticed when connected to grid as the grid then absorbs the noise created.

2 Likes 2 ·
0 Answers