question

mresman avatar image
mresman asked

BMV 712 not restarting after low voltage situation

I am away from my boat and it has seen some extended cloudy days resulting in my house lithium batteries draining to 10.55V and various systems (security cameras, Starlink, inernet router) shutting down. Now with renewed sunny weather the MPPT is charging the batteries and systems are turning on again. The battery voltage is climing, according to the MPPT, and the CCGX indicates that power is going into the batteries, with a fraction (20%) going to operate the previously mentioned DC systems. But, the BMV is not showing me any SOC information. Last time this occured I resolved the problem when back on the boat and resetting the SOC on the BMV via the Bluetooth connection. Can I reset the BMV's SOC remotely via VRM? I cannot see a way to do this. I have access to the CCGX Remote Console, with SOC showing as --.

BMV Battery Monitor
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
snoobler avatar image
snoobler answered ·

you can access your BMV via Victron Connect and VRM.

Open VictronConnect

Select VRM tab and select GX device

Select Devices tab

Select BMV as you would if you were present on site and set SoC.

1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

mresman avatar image mresman commented ·
Thank you. The learning I have in your answer is you need to start with VictronConnect, then go to the VRM Tab. If you start in VRM, it does not get you to the same functionality.

Also, my SOC was --, and before it would allow me to set a new value, I had to reset the SOC to 100%, then I could adjust it to the desired value.

1 Like 1 ·