question

ste7of1 avatar image
ste7of1 asked

Node-red temperature and tank sample rate property needed

using victron temperature sensor node and tank sensor node to read Ruuvitags and mopeka tank sensors. This works fine, however, i can’t find a way to control sample interval. I can block display updates using various methods such as flow variables and blocking nodes with filters but these all depend on the state of the data read. Would like to set sample interval property in the victron nodes to prevent killing the batteries too fast on bluetooth devices. I generally do not need to read bluetooth devices very often.

Node-RED
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
bathnm avatar image
bathnm answered ·

@ste7of1 Node Red does not control the sample rate. This is controlled by the service actually reading data from the bluetooth and writing it to dBus. NodeRed is just reading the value that has been written to NodeRed. Further the Ruvi tags are broadcasting data and so the Bluetooths ervcie on the Cerbo is just reacting to data sent on bluetooth. So any sample rate adjustment needs to be set via the Ruvi application on a mobile device, assuming it allows modification of broadcast rate. I am going from memory, but Rub=vi state the battery will last a few years and is replaceable.

1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

ste7of1 avatar image ste7of1 commented ·
Yes, Ruuvitags allow a sample interval to be set from their app. Have to recheck for Mopeka. I didn’t realize that the data was just broadcast. I thought a request would be made for data which would energize the BLE interface using battery to power up to send response.

Thank you for that explanation.

0 Likes 0 ·