question

grp78 avatar image
grp78 asked

Is it possible to use in three phase system (Quattro) one phase generator?

Hello! 3 Quattro inverters are connected to a three-phase network. We plan to connect a single-phase generator to the AC input 2 of one of Quattro to recharge the batteries. Will the charger work? Thank you! Best regard!

MultiPlus Quattro Inverter Charger
1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Hi.

Did you actually manage to get this working?

And what size generator do you have?
Thanks!

0 Likes 0 ·
2 Answers
Kevin Windrem avatar image
Kevin Windrem answered ·

Yes it can work. Turn off switch as a group when programming the Quattros. Then the Quattro with the generator will detect the AC input from the generator and enter charge mode while the others are in invert mode.

2 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Hallo Kevin

I would like to follow up on this, do you have more information especially regarding Sergneus poor charging performance noted below?

If one had a much larger generator would it work then?

Thanks in advance!

0 Likes 0 ·
Kevin Windrem avatar image Kevin Windrem hbo-electrical-contractors commented ·
I have no idea what the problem could be. Maybe someone else can help here.
0 Likes 0 ·
sergneus avatar image
sergneus answered ·

Kevin, I'got similar situation, but unfortunately it does not work as expected. 3 Quattro (10000) in a 3-phase mode and 1-phase generator (7kW) connected to the master Quattro at "AC IN-2". What I mean "does not work": all load feels good, master Quattro is in charge mode and the rest of them are in invert mode as you said. But batteries (4xPylontech US3000C) almost are not charging: max +5A only, instead of 40+Amps. And it does not matter in what state "switch as group". Of course current limits/weak AC "on/off" and so on were adjusted/combined/experimented many times - anyway no positive results (+5A as max Bat charging). The only way I have found to charge my batteries w/o any grid - to turn of main IN from the grid to home, switch off all my 3-phase load, then reconfigure Quattros to "stand alone mode", connect generator to all Quattros "AC IN-2" and then batteries are charging properly with 40Amps while the rest of my 1-phase load is feeling good. When charging is complete (3...4 hours) - I have to reconfigure the system back to main 3-phase mode and finally switch on my 3-phase load. Then for the next 5..6 hours I live without worries and in the hope that grid will appear during this time. If not - repeat the cycle. I do understand this solution is not... let's say... correct. But I don't know how to make it works as it was designed. By the way, when the grid is on - no problems with charging, everything is ok.

1 comment
2 |3000

Hallo

What was your further experience with this method.
If one had a much larger Generator, do you think it would be able to charge at a higher rate?

0 Likes 0 ·