question

Chad Heiser avatar image
Chad Heiser asked

VRM App Tanks Widget

I have added several VRM widgets to my phone (iPhone). They all seem to be working fine other than the tanks widget. My Cerbo is currently monitoring three Mopeka Pro Check sensors (and I plan to add a couple more in the near future). All three sensors properly show on my Touch 70 display and send all necessary data to my VRM portal for the installation. However, the tanks widget is only showing one of the sensors. No matter what I try, I can’t get the tanks widget to show all three sensors.

widget vrm
1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Chad Heiser avatar image Chad Heiser commented ·

Here is a screen shot of the widget on my phone showing only one of my three tanks.

img-76211.png

Here is a screen shot of my VRM dashboard showing all three of my tanks.

img-76221.png

Again, no matter what I do with the widget, it only shows one of the three tanks my Cerbo is monitoring.

0 Likes 0 ·
3 Answers
Stefanie (Victron Energy Staff) avatar image
Stefanie (Victron Energy Staff) answered ·

@Chad Heiser

I only have two Mopeka's, a Pro Water and a Pro LPG. Both are displayed correctly.

However, only until I assign the fluid type LPG to the Pro Water, then only one is displayed and also with the wrong value.

It may well be that you have discovered a bug. I will forward this to the developers.

2 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Chad Heiser avatar image Chad Heiser commented ·
Based on your feedback, I did some additional testing and it is obviously a bug with how the Widget displays the Fluid Types. See my answer below. Thank you.
0 Likes 0 ·
Stefanie (Victron Energy Staff) avatar image Stefanie (Victron Energy Staff) ♦♦ Chad Heiser commented ·
Thanks again. I'll forward this as well.
1 Like 1 ·
Chad Heiser avatar image
Chad Heiser answered ·

Based on @Stefanie's answer, I changed the Fluid Type of my sensors to fuel and still only got one sensor to show. I then tried LNG and again only one would show up. I then went through all the Fluid Types and found they all will only show one sensor on the widget even if there are multiple sensors for that fluid type in VRM. If I set the Fluid type to a different selection for each sensor, they would all show. It appears the widget will only show one tank sensors per Fluid Type, but VRM will show multiple. Obviously this is a bug in the Widget that needs to be corrected.

2 |3000

Chad Heiser avatar image
Chad Heiser answered ·

@Stefanie I found another issue with the VRM Tanks Widget. I just added my fresh water, gray water and waste water tank information from my existing Sea Level tank monitoring system to my Cerbo. I did this by building a custom cable to interconnect the Sea Level tank monitor to the Cerbo over the Ve.Can network. The VE.Can network was set to use RV-C (250 kbit/s) as the Can-bus profile. This works perfectly on the GX Touch 70 display and on VRM to show the Sea Level tanks and their status/information. However, it does not appear these RV-C protocol tanks are sent to the VRM tanks widget. No matter what I do, I can't get any of the RV-C protocol tanks to show on the VRM Tanks Widget.

4 comments
2 |3000

Thanks again, Chad! Noted. Devs will look into it.

-1 Like -1 ·
Chad Heiser avatar image Chad Heiser Stefanie (Victron Energy Staff) ♦♦ commented ·
Thank you. I’m really hoping to be able to get all my tanks to display on the tanks widget. This is a very convenient way to quickly see the status of my tanks on my phone.

I will be adding two more Mopeka tank sensors on two fuel tanks in the next few days as well. That will be a total of three LPG tanks and two fuel tanks monitored by Mopeka sensors and a fresh water, a gray water and a black water tank monitored by an RV-C network interface. The tanks display in the Cerbo pages is working great showing everything. The VRM dashboard is also working great showing everything. Hopefully the widget will also show everything soon.

0 Likes 0 ·
Chad Heiser avatar image Chad Heiser Stefanie (Victron Energy Staff) ♦♦ commented ·
Has there been any update from the developers on this issue?
0 Likes 0 ·
Stefanie (Victron Energy Staff) avatar image Stefanie (Victron Energy Staff) ♦♦ Chad Heiser commented ·

Unfortunately not yet. The developers are still working on a reasonable solution for both issues. I'll let you know once I know more.

0 Likes 0 ·

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic