question

aidenodonnell7 avatar image
aidenodonnell7 asked

Batrium Victron integration

I have setup a 24v lifepo4 battery bank on my boat. I am using Batrium Watchmon core with K9 cellmon. I am using all Victron equipment. I have a Cerbo Gx and Quattro as well as MPPTS and shunts and other chargers. I have followed Batriums set up advice by using pins 3,7,8 for ground, low and high. I have connected the rj45 to the BMS-CAN plug-in port. I can see the Batrium device on my Cerbo gx touchscreen. This shows some communication between the devices. What I don't seem to have is proper communication between the BMS and the Quattro. It does not control the Quattro charger and I don't seem to get data back from Victron. On the Batrium software I get a TIMEOUT fault on the CanBus connection screen and on the remote screen I don't get real live voltage and current readings, also the parameters set for the charging profiles are not followed. Would anyone know what causes this?

Is there a cable needed on the Victron Cerbo side between the BMS-CAN and the VE CAN OR or the VE BUS? On the Cerbo Gx I have one RJ45 in the BMS-CAN from the Batrium BMS and I have a RJ45 in the VE BUS going to the Victron Quattro. Am I missing a comms cable linking these ?

Is it the setup on the VE configuration that is causing the problems. I'm going in circles and would love some advice.

MultiPlus Quattro Inverter Charger
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
Salim Naufal avatar image
Salim Naufal answered ·

Hello, just read your question. Have you configured the ESS to rely on the batrium BMS? You can do that with the VEConfigure 3.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Colin Mills avatar image
Colin Mills answered ·

Have you got DVCC enabled on the CERBO? The CERBO can't use the Batrium parameters to control the Quattro otherwise.

2 |3000