question

Anil Ghatikar avatar image
Anil Ghatikar asked

V2H /V2G - Vehicle to GRID compatibility of Victron specially ESS

Are there any plans /efforts underway to test compatibility with V2H ( vehicle to home ) systems and possible integrate it for AC coupling

As the EV ( electric vehicle) populations start ageing more and more suppliers are coming to market with Third party devices which support both On-grid and off-grid scenarios.

It will be nice to have an ecosystem which plays nice with your EV charging schedules and allows to you reclaim the energy back during power outages or peak shaving

wbr

Anil

ESSLithium BatteryVenus OS
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

3 Answers
vicky avatar image
vicky answered ·

Although I run two EVs (charged by a Victron PV system) I always have excessive PV power left over. So I am very interested in V2H solutions to use EVs batteries and increase self-consumption.
Any plans on Victron's agenda?

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

iainclements avatar image
iainclements answered ·

Hi @Anil Ghatikar many thanks for posting this question. It's a really interesting time for Vehicle to Grid / Vehicle to Home.

We're off grid with mostly Victron equipment. I am just looking at upgrading our battery bank and it seems to make a lot of sense to incorporate a mobile battery/ev into our solution - but I don't know whether any Victron equipment would enable this.

In the UK, one electric company has just started a trial and is asking for registrations for anyone on grid.

https://www.octopusev.com/powerloop

Thanks

Iain

2 |3000

josick-dufresne avatar image
josick-dufresne answered ·

Hi.

Interested as well for V2H !!

Thx

2 |3000