question

jasonjs avatar image
jasonjs asked

Multiplus Compact 12v 2000va 80amp unresponsive

I’ve had this Multiplus Compact 12v 2000va 80amp unit sitting around for about a year. I hooked it up today (I’ve installed a Multiplus in my last two RVs) and it’s unresponsive. I am measuring 13.28 bolts DC on the positive and negative lines. It measures the same on both sides of the built in “mega” fuse. 124.1 volts measured between L and N on AC IN. Same measurement between L and Ground. 59.96 Hz on the AC IN. I do not have a network cable plugged in and there are no other sensors. The AC out is NOT connected to anything but I can’t see why this would matter (maybe it doesn’t detect a good ground on output side?)

All DIP switches are set to off.

Why was this sitting around for a year? Because I took it out of my Sprinter RV and put a Multiplus 3000 in its place. It was stored in a dry garage though.

When I say it is unresponsive I mean: no lights turn on in any switch position. There is no humming or clicking sounds of any kind

Ideas appreciated.

Multiplus-II
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
klim8skeptic avatar image
klim8skeptic answered ·

All DIP switches are set to off.

Dipswitch 1 & 2 have to be correct for the multi to operate.

dipswitch-2000.png

Seasons greetings.

dipswitch-2000.png (145.6 KiB)
1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

jasonjs avatar image jasonjs commented ·
I had a feeling it was something simple like this!! When the inverter was originally installed in the RV it was inaccessible and was controlled remotely only. This explains why the do switches were not factory defaults. I switched dip switch #2 to “on” and it flipped on perfectly!
0 Likes 0 ·