question

rubicon avatar image
rubicon asked

Making copper bus link bar

The height of my main on/off switch and bus bar are different - approximately 1/8 inch. I would like to make a custom link bus bar to connect the switch and bus bar as well as a smart shunt and negative bus bar. I am thinking about using 101 copper bar 1/4 inch thick by 1 inch wide. Is 1 inch bar appropriate to carry a max of 400-500 amps? I don’t know if I can find 1.25 width bar. Should I strongly consider 1.5 inch wide bar? Next question; can I cut a 6 inch piece of bar and bend it to accommodate the difference in height between the two components without increasing the resistance? I’m thinking a slight “S” curve in the copper bar.

busbar
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
kevgermany avatar image
kevgermany answered ·
2 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

rubicon avatar image rubicon commented ·
Thank you. It would have a maximum 3/16 inch offset. Should I stick with 101 copper or use 110? I’m using one Blue Sea tinned bus bar link that will connect the bus bar to a 400 amp class T fuse holder connecting a MultiPlus 3K.
0 Likes 0 ·
kevgermany avatar image kevgermany ♦♦ rubicon commented ·
Sorry, no idea about grades of copper.
0 Likes 0 ·

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic