question

mimzy avatar image
mimzy asked

MPPT system stuck in float, not going to re-bulk.

All, I've noticed that my 4x 100/30 MPPTs are not going to back to bulk charge after the last firmware update. I did some searching and can't seem to find this issue.

I have 4x 100/30 MPPTs that are using a ve.network with a Bluetooth voltage and temp sender. I'm on a boat and the engines combined with solar will touch 14.4v when we are motoring and this will drive the MPPTs into absorption/float. After we turn off the engines, the boat quickly drops to 13.3v. My re-bulk is set to 0.01V with a float of 13.4. I have even ran a tea kettle to drop the voltage temporarily to 13.0v, but the MPPT still wouldn't re-enter bulk.

I have disconnected the ve.network and I can go into each MPPT independently to turn off charging, then on charging and getting them back to bulk.

Any thoughts or suggestions?

Thanks, Jason

smart solar charging behaviour
2 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

djsmiley avatar image djsmiley commented ·
Which batteries and what is the temperature? A lithium BMS with an active discharge off due to low-temp will cause identical issues.

0 Likes 0 ·
mimzy avatar image mimzy djsmiley commented ·
800ah of Lithionics batteries. Batteries are sitting at 30C.
0 Likes 0 ·
0 Answers

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic