I am planning to buy the Victron Mult RS Solar and have tried to get some information from the datasheet/manual/forum/DemoApp, but there are still some unanswered questions. I hope someone can help.
My planned setup:
- connecting the solar modules to the internal MPPT solar charger.
- connection of lead-AGM batteries
- connection of the public grid to the ACin connector
- only loads at output ACout1 (no connection to the public grid there)
The loads should be supplied by the inverter when the SOC of the battery is >70%. Below this value, the Mult RS Solar should switch the output to the utility grid (ACin) until the battery has again e.g. >80% SOC. Goal: The loads should be supplied primarily from PV and battery, but the battery should not be discharged below 70%, except there is no grid power. Also, I don't want any power feeding back to the public grid (from the ACin connection).
1. is it possible to set up the Mult RS Solar to work as described?
2. can it be ensured that there is no grid feed-in over the ACin connector?
3. how fast is the internal transfer switch, if there is one (could not find a description in the manual and datasheet, but there are such symbols on the front of the unit). Is the switching synchronized with the mains frequency/phase? Is it the same transfer switch as described in the Multiplus II?