question

mohd abdoon avatar image
mohd abdoon asked

MPPT 100|20 Charge controller flashes blue only.

IMG-1913.PNGIMG-1912.PNGIMG-1897.PNGIMG-1894.jpgIMG-1889.jpg

Hey Guys!

Our Delica Van setup:

We have a 400 watt solar panel on the roof which is connected to the charge controller MPPT 100/20 Victron. This connects to a 12v crystal 130AMP battery. All of which worked perfectly until recently.

We stopped using our camper for few months and then we started to notice that the charge controller of the PV is reading 0 watts and showing 12-13 volts on the app

The charge controller constantly flashes blue. ( Bulk) but the state of the battery is (OFF)

This is very strange because I have tested all the leads connected both in and out with a multimeter and the output from the solar reads over 32 volts and the battery is reading 13v.

I also tested the volts from the charge controller and PV shows only 12-13 volts…

I have run other troubleshoots. I ran a separate lead thinking that it might be the problem but with no luck the same thing happens. I took it back to the dealership who set this up for us and they replaced the charge controller with a new one and again the same problem!!

I have tried running the fridge to see if the charge controller will kick on but if anything it was drawing all the power from the battery and nothing from the PV charge controller.

I have checked all continuity of leads and they all seem to be connected properly. This is very frustrating, I have done everything I could.. What am I missing? Or there isn’t a problem to begin with..?

It would be great if you could guide me through the correct settings? as I left it at default settings since I never experienced this before.

Thanks guys.

MPPT ControllersMPPT SmartSolar
img-1913.png (146.5 KiB)
img-1912.png (156.5 KiB)
img-1897.png (149.5 KiB)
img-1894.jpg (1.7 MiB)
img-1889.jpg (1.9 MiB)
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
klim8skeptic avatar image
klim8skeptic answered ·

You have a faulty solar panel, or a bad connection in the array wiring.

Start of looking at the dodgy looking yellow crimp shoved into the + of the mppt pv input.

2 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

mohd abdoon avatar image mohd abdoon commented ·
When I tested the output solar panel with a multimeter it was showing over 32 volts..

I tested the wiring as well and it’s giving the same reading 32V

But as soon as I test the PV from the charge controller it shows 12V very strange not sure what’s going on!

0 Likes 0 ·
klim8skeptic avatar image klim8skeptic ♦ mohd abdoon commented ·

But as soon as I test the PV from the charge controller it shows 12V very strange not sure what’s going on!

Test for voltage across every join in the cable. A good join will have no voltage across it, a bad high resistance join will voltage across it.

0 Likes 0 ·

Related Resources

MPPT Product Page

MPPT Error codes

MPPT 150/60 up to 250/70 Manual

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic