question

Lou Cetrangelo avatar image
Lou Cetrangelo asked

Using IP22 as a converter in an RV

I am setting up a moderate size solar setup in a new 5th wheel RV. It will use a 150ah x 48vdc battery bank, Multiplus II 48vdc/120vac, and 1600 watts of solar, with a serbo gx and monitor. It will be on 100% of the time we are using the RV. We will be using it with no hookups, 15/30/50 amp shore power or portable generator. By the way this will be my second go around. My current 5th wheel has a similar size 12v system.

It will have all the typical 12v draws, including a large 20 cu ft 12v fridge and disk brake hydraulic controller. To get around providing reliable 12v power I was thinking of using a single 12v x 100ah lithium battery and use the built in converter to maintain its SOC. It would be completely separate from the 48v system and only plug into the 120vac.

However, I own a Victron Blue Smart IP22 Charger. Would this be a good choice to opperate in place of the converter? Its max charging current is only 30 amps. Is this enough power? Would there be any advantage of adding a Victron smart shunt and/or a Smart Battery Sense? I know I could see the status of each on my phone but would they be able to communicate with the IP22?

bluesmart ip2248v battery
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

0 Answers