question

rankbajin avatar image
rankbajin asked

Multiplus 12 1200 50 - not working on initial set-up

I have a brand new Multiplus which I have just installed. It's not connected to AC yet but there's no power when connected to DC. The ambient temperature is around freezing but I thought the LED's would at least work to show it's on.

Multiplus-II
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

7 Answers
cardy01 avatar image
cardy01 answered ·

Maybe a dumb question but have you switched it on?

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

nickdb avatar image
nickdb answered ·

You haven’t mentioned what batteries these are. Not impossible, if they are Lithium, that they have disabled discharge.

2 |3000

cardy01 avatar image
cardy01 answered ·

I assume it wasn't a dumb question?

1 comment
2 |3000

kevgermany avatar image kevgermany ♦♦ commented ·
Might just be that @Rankbajin hasn't seen the answers.
0 Likes 0 ·
rankbajin avatar image
rankbajin answered ·

I’ve just picked this up so apologies for the delay.

It’s connected to a 160ah lithium Victron battery. There is 13.4v getting to the Multiplus. When switched on in either inverter or charger mode there is a very very brief green light in charger mode before it goes to a solid red light in Alarm mode.

After my initial post I connected the VE Bus BMS cable to the battery which I had omitted to do.

TIA

2 |3000

cardy01 avatar image
cardy01 answered ·

I'd say that's normal behaviour .... the AC in and AC out have relays to provide functionality

In charger mode the AC in is not seeing a voltage so generates an error because it can't charge

In inverter mode the relay provides a neutral earth bond

I think you need at least AC on AC in to test the "box"

2 |3000

rankbajin avatar image
rankbajin answered ·

Thanks for your reply. I connected the AC and saw that I had 240v going into the inverter but still the same result as before.

It's been suggested that I change the DIP switch settings but I assumed it would be good to go out the box.

2 |3000

rankbajin avatar image
rankbajin answered ·

I changed the DIP switch settings and the Multiplus works on inverter mode only when the RJ45 connecter is disconnected from the Multiplus.

2 |3000