question

jonathan-drewes avatar image
jonathan-drewes asked

Conditional AC SOC Disconnect Option Missing

The MultiPlus 2 Conditional AC settings give a SOC level to switch to AC/Grid but does NOT have a SOC level to disconnect from AC (which is what I and others using this feature would want). There is a voltage based disconnect on that page but why not SOC ???

Multiplus-II
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

4 Answers
jonathan-drewes answered ·

Anyone have thoughts on this?

Maybe I am just missing where this can be input?

Thanks

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

jonathan-drewes answered ·

Is there a Victron employee that can reply to this please? My dealers have not been helpful. Thank you

2 |3000

nickdb avatar image
nickdb answered ·

That isn't available via the VC app.

It might be possible by using the assistants on the inverter.

You can use nodered to change the mode to invert only based on SOC, just need to be comfortable using nodered and creating the necessary functions required.

1 comment
2 |3000

Alexandra avatar image Alexandra ♦ commented ·

Yes the ignore ac assistant does it on SOC. And if you have a GX is synchronises with the can bms soc.

0 Likes 0 ·
Alexandra avatar image
Alexandra answered ·

Just a thought here, it will be because of accuracy. The system is designed for many battery types in mind as well.

On batteries it is not always accurate on charge, some of them only after passing float level and then after a tail current have a good idea of their SOC, some only after absorption are accurate. Some trigger too early.

So in many cases, setting your float level (or slightly above) voltage is a good place to start if on lithium. Then the rest of the bulk and absorption can be finished on solar.

2 |3000