question

tiresias avatar image
tiresias asked

Replacing Phoenix Multiplus 12/3000/120 with Multiplus-II 12/3000/120

I inherited a Phoenix Multiplus 12/3000/120 inverter/charger installation, which I think was installed around 2004/5. It has been working great for the 10-or-so years that we've had it - for the last few years with a tubular-plate lead-acid battery bank.

The inverter/charger has just died, so I am looking to replace it with a similar spec - am I right that the Mulitplus-II is the most modern range and the best choice as a replacement as it has a model with the same general 12/3000/120 spec?

But do I also have to replace the existing BMV 501 battery monitor? I know the latest version model has bluetooth that can communicate with a smartphone app, but I don't really need that feature for the moment. The old battery monitor is connected to a dumb shunt, so as I understand it, if I replaced the battery monitor I would have to replace the shunt with a Victron Smart Shunt and also route a new connecting cable.

Also do I have to replace the existing old Phoenix Multi Control panel with a newer version? The old panel doesn't have the LED segmented display that the new version has, but it seems otherwise identical.

I'm anxious to get the new Multiplus-II installed ASAP, so if we can quickly swap it for the old Multiplus to get us going immediately without having to install and route new cables for a new battery monitor, smart shunt and control panel (for now) that would be great.

Can I just go ahead and buy a Multiplus-II 12/3000/120 and use it with the existing old battery monitor and control panel?

Multiplus-II
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

0 Answers