Please place the "http://www.victronenergy.com/upload/documents/manual-VE.Bus-firmware-versions-explained-EN.pdf" file into the proper directory in dropbox for use during upgrades in the field.
- Firmware on the pro site can be linked via Dropbox to my local computer via this site: Connect with Dropbox - Victron Professional (victronenergy.com)
- This allows for easy upgrades when I am at a site with no internet connectivity.
- Firmware updates and the decision tree for VE devices can sometimes be tricky with references to chip versions etc.
- Firmware versions are listed here:
- Dropbox/Apps/VictronEnergyCMSSync/Firmwares/VE.Bus (Multis, Inverters and Quattros)/VEBus firmware numbers.txt
- This document wisely tells you to reference http://www.victronenergy.com/upload/documents/manual-VE.Bus-firmware-versions-explained-EN.pdf
- If I am at a remote site I have NO access to the Internet so I have no access to this reference material.
- I do not want a local copy on my hard drive.
- This document may change.
- I use dropbox as a single source of truth regarding Victron firmwares for VE Devices.
- I do not want to ask my customer to remove panels to give me information regarding chipset etc.
- This could be dangerous.
Thank you for the consideration