question

rspott avatar image
rspott asked

Feature Request / Documentation Enhancement

Please place the "http://www.victronenergy.com/upload/documents/manual-VE.Bus-firmware-versions-explained-EN.pdf" file into the proper directory in dropbox for use during upgrades in the field.

Background/repro steps:

1. Firmware on the pro site can be linked via Dropbox to my local computer via this site: Connect with Dropbox - Victron Professional (victronenergy.com)
    1. This allows for easy upgrades when I am at a site with no internet connectivity.
  2. Firmware updates and the decision tree for VE devices can sometimes be tricky with references to chip versions etc.
  3. Firmware versions are listed here:
  4. Dropbox/Apps/VictronEnergyCMSSync/Firmwares/VE.Bus (Multis, Inverters and Quattros)/VEBus firmware numbers.txt
    1. This document wisely tells you to reference http://www.victronenergy.com/upload/documents/manual-VE.Bus-firmware-versions-explained-EN.pdf
  5. If I am at a remote site I have NO access to the Internet so I have no access to this reference material.
  6. I do not want a local copy on my hard drive.
    1. This document may change.
    2. I use dropbox as a single source of truth regarding Victron firmwares for VE Devices.
  7. I do not want to ask my customer to remove panels to give me information regarding chipset etc.
    1. This could be dangerous.

Thank you for the consideration

feature requestdocumentation
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
mvader (Victron Energy) avatar image
mvader (Victron Energy) answered ·

Noted! Will do.

Thank you.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Related Resources

The feature requests topic tag can help Victron R&D find feature suggestions for products. 

There are many factors that go into the Victron product roadmap, and feedback from end-users can help.

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic