question

Daniele Calabrese avatar image
Daniele Calabrese asked

usb multiple ports for cerbo

I have a port extension usb with switch and I connected a usb tp-link bluetooth 4.0 (reccomended) once the internal bluetooth stopped working and servicing the 4 ruuvi devices and a sub gps devices. the second port I use it for a ve.bus/usb for my shunt connected to wind generator. However what is happening is the my usb gps now appears and dissappera. 1) can you suggest usb port extension that works with cerbo? 2) can I use the 3rd port usb on the cerbo?

gps
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

3 Answers
derrick thomas avatar image
derrick thomas answered ·

The USB port closest to the HDMI is power only, no data. If you are experiencing problems with USB devices disappearing try a powered USB hub.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Daniele Calabrese answered ·

I have a usb hub and the usb GPS on hub disappear. Do you suggest a hub I should buy? Or shall I move to usb GPS to the main and have on the hub the usb Bluetooth adapter and a shunt ve.bus,/usb? Thanks

1 comment
2 |3000

kevgermany avatar image kevgermany ♦♦ commented ·

Most that have an external power supply will work.

0 Likes 0 ·
Daniele Calabrese answered ·

what I did not is to connect the usb gps to cervo and the usb bluetooth and shunt ve.bus/usb to the hub and works. this is a usb hub hugh speed 3.0 I bought a usb hub 2.0 and check it out in case this does not work. so far so good!

2 |3000

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic