question

eromanov avatar image
eromanov asked

Proper laptop

Preparing to finish my Victron installs but don't have a current laptop. Will any Windows laptop work for connecting with the systems?

connection issue
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

4 Answers
Matthias Lange - DE avatar image
Matthias Lange - DE answered ·

Yes, I would say every laptop should work. For a long time we used one of the first (and a later version) Asus EEE PC for that without problems.

I think it depends on what you want to do with the laptop. Will you just buy it to configure your Victron system or will you use it for other things later.

Just for Victron a cheap Netbook should be enough.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

sharpener avatar image
sharpener answered ·

Not every laptop, VRM does not work with older versions of e.g. Firefox, see this thread https://community.victronenergy.com/answers/168799/view.html

2 |3000

nickdb avatar image
nickdb answered ·

A proper laptop? Unfortunately victron tools don't run on proper laptops, only on windows ;)

2 |3000

klim8skeptic avatar image
klim8skeptic answered ·

@eromanov perhaps describe the devices you need to interface with.

2 |3000

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic