question

prajna avatar image
prajna asked

Can't see Quattro via MK2 USB running Victron Connect on Linux

Hi, I'm trying to connect to a Quattro 48/8000/100 using a MK2 USB on a linux computer using Victron Connect but no local devices are shown. I can see the usb serial device using lsusb and everything works fine when connecting to my BlueSolar charge controller. Probably the system did work under windows through the MK2 and my researches lead me to think I might need a MK3 USB to connect. Is this correct or is there some way I can get it to work using the MK2?

MultiPlus Quattro Inverter Charger
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
Juha Tuomala avatar image
Juha Tuomala answered ·

What software you are trying to use in Linux? In my understading the VE.Configure is only available for Windows (unfortunately).

I use it with Linux, connect to Windows virtual machine and pass local usb interfaces over RDP-protocol to the vm Windows running VE.Configure. Surprisingly it works just fine.

1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

prajna avatar image prajna commented ·
Thanks for the response, Juha. I'm trying to use Victron Connect, which works fine with my BlueSolar controller but not the Quattro, at least, not with the MK2 interface.
0 Likes 0 ·