question

nigel henry avatar image
nigel henry asked

Hi I have a problem ( I think ) with my Victron it is a Phoenix

Hi I have a problem ( I think ) with my Victron it is a Phoenix system multiplus 12 volt 1200va 50 amp with a with a Phoenix Panel control.

The only dip switch turned on is dip 4
The symptoms are no power to the 240v sockets.
No lights on on the panel unit If I disconnect and reconnect the 240 volts power they briefly flash the socket will power for a second then off the lights go out on the main box the Control Panel lights for a second makes a noise power to the socket is for about a second then the red light comes on saying overload

I have disconnected the inverter charger and connected the two plugs in and out 240v to bypass the main box and power is now back to the sockets. No including the inverter now, but the panel is saying there is still an overload and it is not connected to the inverter.

MultiPlus Quattro Inverter Charger
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
abrahamsolar avatar image
abrahamsolar answered ·

Hi, Henry~ I'm a Victron distributor in the USA. If the blinks you describe are happening with no AC connected to the IN of your multiplus...your connected loads on AC Out may indeed be an overload compared to what the unit can carry when in inverting mode. "50 amp" does not describe the amount of AC power that the unit can deliver when inverting.

1200VA's divided by 240v AC would be about 5 amps, so try connecting only a small load to AC Out & see if that clears the error. If the blinks you describe are also present when AC power is connected to the AC IN of your Multiplus, edit your post accordingly & let's see what other community members can add to the discussion.

The Victron Toolkit phone app has a handy simulation of various LED blink patterns with entry level explanations. Check for burned smells in & around the unit but what you've described so far does not flag the unit as failed.

Victron support policy can be reviewed here:

https://www.victronenergy.com/support

Note that one of the first steps in Victron policy is for you to "contact the company you bought the product from".

Thanks & Jolliness.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.