question

egsust avatar image
egsust asked

Multiplus disconnects under frequency deviation

Hi,

I have an off-grid installation with 3 single-phase multiplus in parallel connected to a battery. The frequency of the isolated system can vary depending on the connection and disconnection of different loads on the system (weak grid). The problem is that depending on the rate of change of frequency the multiplus disconnects. I have noticed that if the frequency deviation is faster than approx. 0.1Hz per second (even if it is from 50Hz to 49.7) the multiplus disconnects. For slower changes the multiplus has no problem.

Is there any option which will allow the multiplus to remain connected even if the frequency deviation is not slow as long as the frequency remains within the stipulated limits? I have configured the system for a weak grid and disabled LOM, not sure if there is any other settings that could help?

Thanks.

frequency
2 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

wkirby avatar image wkirby ♦♦ commented ·

First you said it's off-grid, but then you talk about weak grid. So it's a bit confusing. Please could you clarify if the system is connected to the grid or not?
Do you have PV connected on the AC-OUT side?

0 Likes 0 ·
egsust avatar image egsust wkirby ♦♦ commented ·

With off-grid I mean that it is an isolated grid, not connected to the national grid. With weak grid I mean that the sources providing energy to the isolated microgrid (not connected to the national grid) are weak and therefore under load changes the frequency can deviate faster than typically happens in a large interconnected grid.

There is no PV or loads connected on the AC-OUT side, the converter purpose is only to interconnect the battery with the microgrid.

Thanks.

0 Likes 0 ·
1 Answer
Paul B avatar image
Paul B answered ·

you could try turning off UPS, don't know if this will help as it just cause a slower change over to inverter.

otherwise as far as I know there is no other frequ adjustments settings.

anyway I would think that the inverter would have to be able to match the external powers frequency shift and if it cant move fast enough it would then disconnect,

1557234559536.png (18.0 KiB)
1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

egsust avatar image egsust commented ·

Thanks for this, I forgot to add to my comment that UPS is also disabled on my configuration.

Yes, so I'm interested in knowing if this is a limit in the controller of the device which can/cannot be tuned for higher deviation rates or this is caused by a LOM protection which is still enabled somehow? From my understanding, I think that LOM protection is typically carried out by means of a rate of change of frequency setting or a vector shift. Both of these will be clearly affected in this case and could be causing the disconnection?

0 Likes 0 ·

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic