question

georgelza avatar image
georgelza asked

How to set custom label names for MPPT devices

I have 2 x MPPT 150/35's. I see both, any chance I can modify the label shows to something that I will understand better, ie to which PV array they are connected.

MPPT Controllers
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
Paul B avatar image
Paul B answered ·

yes you can do this with your victron connect app

select settings top right corner of app.

then select the three dots and then product info and change the name etc etc

There are detailed instructions and a video showing how in the VictronConnect Manual - 4.3 Renaming your devices

2 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

georgelza avatar image georgelza commented ·

Hmmm, Connect App, I only have remote access via VRM, I can connect to my home network, if I then go to the IP I get a Dashboard ... of current status.

I've tried installing Victron Connect (MAC), but it seems to want to connect via BTLE to the Venus, not seeing a option to specify a IP address and credentials.

G

0 Likes 0 ·
georgelza avatar image georgelza commented ·

Resolved.

G

0 Likes 0 ·
johkergp avatar image
johkergp answered ·

Is it possible to rename the individual trackers on my MPPT 450/200 to make them more intuitive?

1 comment
2 |3000

fabikulol avatar image fabikulol commented ·
Unless you extract all data via api, modbus or whatever else is possible, and build your own gui, I dont think it is possible. This is something I would like to do aswell in the vrm portal.
1 Like 1 ·