question

ayoub-rahmouni avatar image
ayoub-rahmouni asked

peux-je désactiver le relais entre le réseau et le multiplus victron energy ?

Hello, I hope you are well. I am a research engineer and currently I am working on microgrid systems. I have two questions about Victron Energy products and I will be very happy if I find answers as much as possible. My first question is that in my work I have to make a laboratory prototype of a microgrid, then move to the part of energy management. For that I chose to make a centralized control, that is to say a control station which will control all the system (control of the switches on the load side and on the source side -PV/Batteries/ public network or generator). So the question is can I eliminate the power management at the Multiplus level (I can detail question 1 if it is not clear!).

The second question is about the product "Interface MK3-USB VE.Bus to USB", do I have to use this device to access the configuration of the multiplus or can I configure the multiplus even with the application or via web?

MultiPlus Quattro Inverter Charger
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
sharpener avatar image
sharpener answered ·

Q1 you can control almost everything using Modbus/MQTT and most things using NodeRed, post a query in the Modifications section of this board. See also link in this thread.

Q2 no you don't need the dongle, you can do it remotely via VRM.

BTW I can read French but don't see any connection between the thread title and your questions!

1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

ayoub-rahmouni avatar image ayoub-rahmouni commented ·

Hello, I have other questions. In the case of Victron Energy, the grid (backup source) and the battery pack are connected to the Multiplus. And the latter is who will manage this is two sources, that is to say, for example, if the state of charge of the battery reaches its minimum and the PV system can not feed the load, the Multiplus will feed the load with the grid. In my case (I work on microgrid systems and energy management systems) I have to do this management with an independent control system, that is the control station that has to start the battery charging and connect the system to the grid to feed the load. For this I have two questions:

Q1. Can I use a PLC to control the Victron Energie Multiplus so that it works either in charger mode or as an inverter?

Q2. Can I connect the grid directly to the AC bus to be able to control the grid relay directly with the PLC? I don't think I can control the relay inside the Multiplus directly with the PLC (please confirm this if possible).

0 Likes 0 ·