question

offgridsystems avatar image
offgridsystems asked

Multiplus 2 Aux I/O for Wired Current Sensor

I have just installed my first Multi 2 at a customers premises and all works far better as an ESS than the old style multi and the associated spaghetti needed.

However, my customer has asked for the option of seeing that her existing PV out is displayed on the CCGX. No problem, I'll just wire in an AC current sensor... Oh, wait.. there are no connections for the AC sensor (or other I/O).. But I do see the RJ socket designated as I/O.. I'm unable to find the connection information though.

Can anyone advise if I'm able to connect an AC sensor to this port somehow please?

Multiplus-II
1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

sean avatar image sean commented ·

I suspect installing an ET112 is your easy option - what PV inverter is it ?

0 Likes 0 ·
2 Answers
boekel avatar image
boekel answered ·

See the manual:

https://www.victronenergy.com/live/ac_current_sensor:start

1. On the Multiplus-II hardware revision 0 to 8, the AUX input is on the RJ12 connector, pin 1 and 5. Refer to appendix A of the Multiplus-II manual. In later revisions the AUX input is available as a normal terminal again.

2. This AC Current sensor (CSE000100000) should not be confused with the specific Current Transformer 100A:50mA accessory for MultiPlus-II (part number CTR110000500).

2 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

offgridsystems avatar image offgridsystems commented ·

Thanks Boekel. I am not able to find a manual to download, so good to know I'll have to put together a an adaptor using pins 1 and 5 for the Aux input.

0 Likes 0 ·
Paul B avatar image
Paul B answered ·

This is how I wired my unit so the AC sensor is connected on AUX 2 in the Aux RJ12 plug on the MP 2

1557811330078.png (152.0 KiB)
2 |3000