question

pepper avatar image
pepper asked

Overvoltage error (E4) with 24V battery bank.

I just switched from a 12V to 24V battery bank. The batteryprotect was working with the 12V system but now I get an over voltage error (E4) with the 24V system. The manual says it detects voltage one time only. Does this mean if it’s used with a 12V battery bank it can only ever be used with 12V battery bank or can it be reset to 24V?

I’ve checked the voltage at input terminal of batteryprotect and the battery neg terminal at 25.46V without load. Everything works fine when I bypass the batteryprotect.

I have the BP-100.

overvoltage
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
boekel avatar image
boekel answered ·
2 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

pepper avatar image pepper commented ·

I just tried setting the “d” option by connecting program pin to ground. The number 8 flashes alternating with “b”. I waited for that to go through 2 cycles and stop then reconnected to get the “d” to come up. I then reconnected both green doohickeys (not sure what they’re called) only to get the E4 again.

0 Likes 0 ·
boekel avatar image boekel ♦ pepper commented ·

If you are sure it is connected and configured correctly and it still doesn't work, I'd contact my distributor or ask an installer.

0 Likes 0 ·
hnk avatar image
hnk answered ·

I had the same problem.
I solved it the following way:
- connecting the battery protect to 24V
- remove the "enable" input
- connect prog input to the ground

-close the "enable" input again
-than you can configure the battery protect to “d” according to the manual and it will work with 24V

2 |3000

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic