question

jochen-p avatar image
jochen-p asked

Charge my off grid solar battery system with generator

Hey guys,

I have searched but did not find an answer. So hopefully i find one here...

I'm running an offgrid solar battery system with the

Multiplus 48/3000/35 inverter. 230volts

Mppt 150/60 charge controller

Revov lifepo4 100Ah 5.12kv lithium battery.

On cloudy days i want to charge my battery with a generator. It's a genpower GP7000/4

I connected it to the AC in and for about 10 seconds the multiplus switched to charging mode before it returned to inverting mode agaon. After that 1 time it now seems my inverter doesn't pick up the AC IN load

I guess it is a settings issue?

Thank you

Generator
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
Jason - UK avatar image
Jason - UK answered ·

@Jochen p have you limited the charge current as not to overload the generator? The Genpower 7000/4 appears to only be able to provide 4kVa on a single phase which is about 3.3kW. If you are trying to pull more than 4kVa, it might cause a drop in voltage and therefore the Multiplus will disconnect due to the low voltage.

1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

jochen-p avatar image jochen-p commented ·

I'll try and lower it as soon as i get home and see if that works. Thank you for your answer.

1 Like 1 ·
JohnC avatar image
JohnC answered ·

Hi @Jochen p

Hopefully settings can fix it. There's a little about handling issues here.. https://www.victronenergy.com/live/multiplus_faq

I'd head straight for the Dynamic Current Limiter first, and set your Input Current Limit fairly low until you can prove that it works. There can be other things too, but see how you go with these.

You haven't mentioned access to the Multi settings, but you'll need it.

2 |3000