question

nir-fsight avatar image
nir-fsight asked

MQTT Disconnection

Hi,

I have connection to the victronenergy MQTT server (mqtt.victronenergy.com) using MQTT.fx client. this allows me to subscribe to topics but i get no notifications.

Once i go to the victron VRM portal, and click on "remote console" I suddenly get all the information from the topic. after a while, I need to do it again to get the data stream.

What is the issue? how can we resolve it?

thanks

Nir

MQTT
1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

mrtn avatar image mrtn commented ·

Hi,

Im trying to access mqtt.victronenergy.com with MQTT.fx

I have a problem of not being able to connect. MQTT is enabled in the Venus. I suspect the problem might be with the SSL setup of my connection that I added in MQTT.fx. I have double checked my credentials (email and PW for Could you please share what you have done to get MQTT.fx to connect?

ERROR --- BrokerConnectService : Unable to connect to server

Thanks

0 Likes 0 ·
2 Answers
nigelfxs avatar image
nigelfxs answered ·

See https://github.com/victronenergy/dbus-mqtt#keep-alive for a description on how to do this.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

damonz avatar image
damonz answered ·

Hi,

It could also happen if you have set the client ID the same as your VRM Portal ID. Just use the generate ID button in mqtt.fx to generate a random client ID.

Regards,

Damon

2 |3000

Related Resources