question

thommic avatar image
thommic asked

Fuse AC / MultiPlus II 48/5000/70

Hi there,

I am new owner of a MultiPlus II 5000. In the manual they wrote to use a 32 A fuse. Can this be true?

I will use the MultiPlus in parallel as an ESS System. I know that this question has been asked before but it is still not clear to me what fuse I have to use here.

Multiplus-II
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

3 Answers
Jason - UK avatar image
Jason - UK answered ·

@thommic It depends on your set up. The unit has a pass-though capacity of 50amps so in that instance, you would need a 50 or a 63A breaker. If not using the AC outs, The charger runs at about 3.3kW and the inverter runs at 4.4kW depending on the power factor or 5kVA so yes, a 32A would be ok but you might get nuisance tripping when the inverter runs over 32amps which it can do for very short moments but you can limit the inverter output to 5kW just to prevent any issues.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

gr0mit avatar image
gr0mit answered ·

I think the 5000 calls for a 50A breaker. I tried it with a C40 breaker but it frequently tripped on powerup or grid restoration. I put in a C50 breaker (with 6mm cable is pushing it but only 2 metres so low Z) and my false tripping stopped.

1 comment
2 |3000

Jason - UK avatar image Jason - UK commented ·
@gr0mit Good point. My Multiplus tripped my 50A breaker because of the inrush when turning on after a period of being turned off. I had to fit a 63A so it didnt trip when trying to turn the Multiplus on.
1 Like 1 ·
1234enough avatar image
1234enough answered ·

I have multiplus ii gx 48v 5000va, ac in connection only with 10mm T&E and 40A breaker, had no issues to date with tripping.

If I had loads on ac out I would increase breaker size.

2 |3000