question

dave-brannigan avatar image
dave-brannigan asked

Custom tank calibration

I need to calibrate a few tanks and am pleased that there is now a custom tank calibration facility, but what isn’t clear to me is whether 2 of the 10 custom calibration points need to be reserved for 0% and 100% or whether all 10 can be used between empty and full? My Victron seller was unable to give me a convincing answer. My instinct is that 0 and 100 are fixed to 0 ohm and 180 ohm (on European selection) and the 10 are in between, but it would be nice to know for sure.

setup
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

3 Answers
dave-brannigan avatar image
dave-brannigan answered ·

I found that trying to set the 10th point as 100% fails as it won’t allow 3 digit figures and you also cannot enter 0 as the sensor value for calibration point 1. It says it’s an invalid sensor value. I conclude therefore that up to 10 values can be added between 0 and 100% and you do not need to use 2 of them for empty and full. Would be great if the manual simply told you this.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

derrick thomas avatar image
derrick thomas answered ·

Empty and full values can be set in the tank settings. Custom tank values can then be set for different levels between empty and full. If you have a standard rectangular tank (not an irregular shape) just setting empty and full values will in most cases be close enough. If you need to use custom tank settings, you can use as many or as few as you need. You don't have to set all 10. For example you can use 1/4, 1/2, and 3/4 if that gets you close to actual values.

2 |3000

adelante avatar image
adelante answered ·

Hello I am having the same problem with my new configuration. Where could I find the procedure to insert the calibration points ?

Thank you

2 |3000

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic