question

myvicrocks avatar image
myvicrocks asked

MQTT - Setup but not publishing

Hi there,

I have followed: MQTT local & via MQTT broker - Victron Community (victronenergy.com)

I setup the MQTT service both SSL and Plain text in my Cerbo. I use MQTT Explorer to view the MQTT broker. I can see : N/c0619ab1asd32/system/0 but the only sub topic is serial. There isnt any other topics like in the link above (Battery, AC etc etc).

I am wondering what I missed so it publishes the rest of the info?

MQTT
1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

taylortops avatar image taylortops commented ·

If you're using Javascript, I can help you with some code. There are lot of Python and command line examples in this forum. If you're doing it in C, I can recommend a good psychologist.

But, on first glance:

• Read keep alive as per Thomas' suggestion, once every 55 seconds . For your case, that would be: "R/c0619ab1asd32/keepalive ", nothing in the body.
0 Likes 0 ·
1 Answer
Thomas avatar image
Thomas answered ·

Hi,

you have to send a message to the mqtt-broker on a regular base.

https://community.victronenergy.com/questions/153464/mqtt-cerbo-gx-sendet-nur-die-seriennummer.html

For test you can send it from the mqtt-explorer. It will stop sending data about one minute later.

I am using a linux-pc to collect the data from the mqtt-broker and the regular message is sent via a cronjob every minute.

Best regards

Thomas

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Related Resources