question

dan-toe avatar image
dan-toe asked

Output voltage over 15v. How do i regulate output voltage

I am using a blue solar mppt 100/30 charge controller and when the sun is out, i get an ourput voltage of over 15.5v, and currently showing 16.23 volts. This of course causes all kinds of high voltage alarms on my inverter, as well as other 12v accessories. Is there a way to regulate the output voltage?

MPPT Controllers
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
JohnC avatar image
JohnC answered ·

Hi Dan. Your unit may be set for 24V batts, and you'll need a bluetooth dongle (if it's not a Smartsolar) and a compatible phone to reset it.

This can happen on initial hookup, if the panels are wired in before the batts. With some older units it may be possible to fix it by powering down for (say) 30min, and repeating the hookup procedure.

Else you'll need that dongle, or a Victron dealer could do it for you.

2 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

dan-toe avatar image dan-toe commented ·

Great, I do have the dongle, so when I am out at the cabin next I will give that a try. I was looking at the app, and I do not see where you can set the voltage back to 12v. Thank you for your reply and your advice.

Dan

0 Likes 0 ·
JohnC avatar image JohnC ♦ dan-toe commented ·

Click on the 'Cog icon' > Battery. You'll find it.

0 Likes 0 ·