question

Jasbir Rathor avatar image
Jasbir Rathor asked

Cerbo GX Communication Ports

Hello Victron Community, I am just about finished wiring my off grid 48 volts system also waiting for communication cables from Victron supplier .

The question keep coming up in my mind is what is the best way to daisy chain the system with CERBO GX and Global Link 520. My system consists of 8 Lithium batteries 300 ah sets 2. I have Lynx Power in, Lynx shunt, Lynx Distributor, Cerbo GX , Global Link 520, BMV 712 Smart Shunt with display, Touch 50 , 2 RS 450 / 200 and 2 Quattros 48 volts / 10000 va / 140 amp / AC Transfer Capacity 2 X 100 Invertor 120 Volts. Is it a good an idea to ground Lynx Power in and Lynx Distributor in my system? Please any suggestion will be greatly appreciated. Thank you very much.

communication protocol
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

3 Answers
Jasbir Rathor answered ·

Stubbs, Thank you very much.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Stefanie (Victron Energy Staff) avatar image
Stefanie (Victron Energy Staff) answered ·

It's either a GlobalLink 520 or a GX device, depending on what you're looking for.

A GX device requires an internet connection (i.e. a router) while the GlobalLink 520 includes a SIM card but cannot network as many devices as a GX device and also does not allow real-time monitoring.

For what you have I would go with a Cerbo GX.

2 |3000

Jasbir Rathor answered ·

Stefanie, Excellent. Thank you very much.

2 |3000

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic