question

don-b avatar image
don-b asked

BMV-712 new setting #72?

I did a firmware update a few months ago and now my BMV-712 has another setting... #72. I can't make out what the display says this setting is, so I looked at the latest online manual from Victron, and there is no #72!!! Not even after 4 months!!! What gives? How can the latest manual not show this after many months? And what is the new setting #72? - Thanks!

BMV Battery Monitor
1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Alexandra avatar image Alexandra ♦ commented ·

@Don B.

I suppose most people are using Victron Connect to program so don't notice that side of things.

It will probably have something to do with a feature that was added or modified.

0 Likes 0 ·
1 Answer
Alexandra avatar image
Alexandra answered ·

@Don B.

I am sure the manual will be updated.

But in the meantime it was noted in a changlog on Victron Professional. (Shout out to @Stefanie )

v4.07 – 12 May 2021 (BMV-712 only)
Added monitor mode (VE_REG_BMV_MONITOR_MODE). Setting can be configured via settings menu (item 72 in BMV) or via the vreg. When a non-bmv mode is selected all charging related functionality will be disabled (consumed energy, SOC, charged cycles, midpoint auxillary input, charging relay mode etc) and this also applies for the history items. Disabled items will show as “---” in the VE.Direct textframe. Note that when the mode is changed the history is NOT deleted (it’s up to the user to delete the history). The “MON” text item has been added to the VE.Direct text frame to reflect the monitor mode.

And seems to be related to this setting here. For monitor mode, related to its use as a DC energy meter.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.