question

davidwilsondoors avatar image
davidwilsondoors asked

Multiplus 2 VE.bus not communicating

I have the following commented - a battery monitor via the VE direct port, a solar charger via the internal VE direct port. When i now go onto my device list it says that the VE.Bus system was last updated an hour ago whereas all the others are showing last seen within the last minute. I have added the ESS assistant as well to try to use the solar energy generated and that is where it has all started to go a bit wrong. img-8398-copy.jpg

Multiplus-II
img-8398-copy.jpg (240.1 KiB)
3 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

davidwilsondoors avatar image davidwilsondoors commented ·

Just to add some more detail when you go on VRM and look at all the plots all the ones with ve.bus are not showing anything at all it just says no data to display. The inverter is outputting power but it just doesn't show anything is outputting on the dashboard (just has "-" in the AC input box).

It also means that the solar is only charging the battery and once the battery is full isn't being used for anything else (doesn't power any loads or go back into the grid)

0 Likes 0 ·
It also just says hub-1 off on the front of the machine rather than anything about power output. It also has some stats about the solar power but that's it
0 Likes 0 ·

When i also go on the remote console it says that the multiplus 2 i not connected. I dont really understand that as I have the multiplus 2 GX therefore not sure how it can be not connected? I have connected something (battery monitor) to the internal VE.direct port on the board on the inside and I also checked that the internal ethernet cable is still connected which it is.

0 Likes 0 ·
0 Answers