question

barrys2015columbus avatar image
barrys2015columbus asked

50 amp connection to a Victron Multiplus 12/3000/120-50 120V

I purchased a Victron Multiplus 12/3000/120-50 120V and I am planning to install it in my Columbus 5th wheel with 50 amp shore power hook up, my question is with two conductors a neutral and a ground, how do I hook up the AC in?. Do I connect one conductor to the multi plus then use the AC out to one half of the breaker panel and the other conductor directly to the other half?.

Also, can I connect the Multi plus into the shore power without having any batteries connected? will the multi plus just allow the power to just pass through or will it damage the unit?

Multiplus-II
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
Pat Davitt avatar image
Pat Davitt answered ·

Welcome to the wonderful world of US 120/240V 50A Split Phase power. Yes, use either the L1 (black) or L2 (Red) and the Neutral and the ground to connect to AC In. The AC out is a little more complicated. You can really screw things up if you get it wrong.

Best advice I can give is that you contact a Victron installer in your area and let him advise you. There are life safety issues involved.

Pat

1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

barrys2015columbus avatar image barrys2015columbus commented ·

Pat, thank you for your help.

0 Likes 0 ·