question

jorgen-jensen avatar image
jorgen-jensen asked

No connection - Globalink 520

The Danish Victron distributor just delivered me a Globalink 520 with built-in SIM card. But I can't connect it to the 4G LTE network, has something to be activated? The distributor is very busy and finds no time to support me, so a quick reply is highly appreciated.

connection issue
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
jolir avatar image
jolir answered ·

It should connect automatically. Are you certain there is a 4G LTE-M network in your area?

The “M” bit is very important. If the available network is just 4G LTE (ie: “normal” 4G), the GlobalLink 520 won’t function.

If there is definitely a local 4G LTE-M network available, have you tried adding an external antenna to the GL520 and clicking the small switch on the top of the GL520 to External Antenna?

I had to do this to my unit and it now has a super strong signal. I bought a generic 4G antenna with the correct SMA connector and a magnetic base very cheaply on Amazon.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic