question

Paul Carmichael avatar image
Paul Carmichael asked

Big problem after upgrading Quattro.

I upgraded the software on my Quattro and now when I disconnect the mains, there's a pause in supply and all the household appliances and computers etc.switch off. In 7 years we've not had this problem. I have a contract at another house on the same street and we get free leccy between 19:00 and 21:00, so we obviously take advantage (a hidden cable).

Is this a known issue?

MultiPlus Quattro Inverter Charger
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
Alexandra avatar image
Alexandra answered ·

@Paul Carmichael

Did you reprogram the inverter after the firmware upgrade?

6 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Paul Carmichael avatar image Paul Carmichael commented ·

Yes, I had to completely start from scratch. I don't remember there being an option to alter the delay when switching off mains though. Is there one?

0 Likes 0 ·
Alexandra avatar image Alexandra ♦ Paul Carmichael commented ·

There should not be a delay.

Grid code?

UPS option maybe?

0 Likes 0 ·
Paul Carmichael avatar image Paul Carmichael Alexandra ♦ commented ·
Thank you. Sorted.
1 Like 1 ·
Alexandra avatar image Alexandra ♦ Paul Carmichael commented ·
Awesome
0 Likes 0 ·
Paul Carmichael avatar image Paul Carmichael Alexandra ♦ commented ·
I don't know what a grid code is, but I think the ups option is set to off. I'm not quite sure what that option really means.
0 Likes 0 ·
Paul Carmichael avatar image Paul Carmichael Paul Carmichael commented ·
I think I may just have answered my own question.
1 Like 1 ·
Paul Carmichael avatar image
Paul Carmichael answered ·

Hmm, the problem with enabling ups function is when the mains is connected and the sun comes out, the solar is ignored and the mains favoured. On a day with sun/cloud/sun/cloud I have to keep switching it over to take advantage of the solar power.

1 comment
2 |3000

It sounds like you want ESS mode instead - https://www.victronenergy.com/media/pg/Energy_Storage_System/en/ess-introduction---features.html

Out of the box, a Multi will think that when an AC supply is connected, you want to use it to charge the battery.

It is also possible to adjust this behaviour with the AC input controls in VictronConnect - https://www.victronenergy.com/media/pg/VE.Bus_Configuration_Guide/en/description-of-settings.html#UUID-74fa9bfe-3445-a4d3-b949-c3dbd2e594a5

1 Like 1 ·