question

saboken avatar image
saboken asked

Is this PV connection OK?

pxl-20221111-223633206.jpgJust climbed up on the roof to install tilts when I Lifted one of the panels I found a open exposed PV connection. Is this ok? The shop I went to I was going to chalk off and a few mistakes but after this I don't know? There's no heat shrink on the ends I can see bare copper. I would think eventually this would impact the performance of the PV .pxl-20221111-223640257.jpg

connection issue
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
Gian avatar image
Gian answered ·

Dear

This connection is completely out of any norm, if you have mc4 connectors, make the change yourself, but if you don't know, contact a photovoltaic installer. to fix it quickly. since both the photovoltaic panels and the other equipment can be damaged.

2 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

saboken avatar image saboken commented ·
I have a popular YouTuber that's done this before coming to help me fix everything next week im glad it doesn't rain much in Quartzite this time of the year.
0 Likes 0 ·
kevgermany avatar image kevgermany ♦♦ saboken commented ·
Some of the well known YouTubers are even worse bodger's.
0 Likes 0 ·
kevgermany avatar image
kevgermany answered ·

It's not even the correct weather and UV proof cable.

1 comment
2 |3000

saboken avatar image saboken commented ·
Wow it was done by a Battle Born and Victron authorized shop. I really have to check everything they did now. Battle Born said they doubt they messed anything else up. I really don't want to come back to my camper and find it burnt to the ground.
0 Likes 0 ·

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic